Outer Banks Airlines now manages the Pine Island Airport, and all requests for flying in or out of the airport should be made by completing this form. In order to arrange a landing at Pine Island, you must meet the following terms:
- Online, email, or written permission required
- Copy of Liability Insurance Certificate required ($5 million liability minimum) with Turnpike Properties and Outer Banks Airlines additional named insured
- No parking of aircraft or vehicles
- Communicate on 122.9, the beach frequency
- Avoid overflight of wildlife sanctuary west of airstrip
- Pattern, right traffic R/W 35, left traffic R/W 17
Caution: Beware of drone and kite activity in the pattern and in the area of the USACE Research Pier. Seasonally there is high volume banner tow and air tour traffic from 500′-1000′ MSL, transitioning the traffic pattern to the east. We suggest multiple broadcasts before pattern entry.